1. We admit that we were powerless over our problems and that our lives became unmanageable.
2. We have come to believe that God, through the Lord Jesus Christ, can restore us to sanity.
3. We make the decision to turn our will and our lives over to God through Christ Jesus our Lord.
4. We make a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. We admit to God, ourselves and another person the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. We commit ourselves to God and desire that He remove patterns of sin from our lives.
7. We humbly ask God to renew our minds so that our sinful patterns can be transformed into patterns of righteousness.
8. We make a list of all persons who have hurt us and choose to forgive them. We also make a list of all persons we have harmed and we become willing to make amends to them all.
9. We make direct amends to such people where possible, except when doing so will injure them or others.
10. We continue to take personal inventory, and when we are wrong, promptly admit it.
11. We seek to know Christ more intimately through prayer and meditation, praying only for knowledge of His will and the power to carry that out.
12. Having a spiritual awakening, we try to carry the message of the grace and restoration power of the Lord Jesus Christ to others and to practice these principles in every aspect of our lives.