“I urge Muslims not to shirk their duty of sharing the Islamic faith with those who are on the ‘wrong-side’.” Omar M. Ahmad, Chairman of the Board of the Council on American-Islamic Relations' quoted at the Flamingo Palace banquet hall.
Other infamous quotes from Omar M. Ahmad were published in San Ramon Valley Herald':
Muslims should not assimilate into American society. If you choose to live here, you have a responsibility to deliver the message of Islam…Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on earth”.
“Everything we need to know is in the Koran.” And bear in mind that the Koran clearly states that Muslims are obligated to kill Christians, Jews and all other infidels.
From Christian Witness Ministries, dated January 2002.
SAUDI Arabia’s religious police are reported to have forced schoolgirls back into a blazing building because they were not wearing Islamic headscarves and black robes.
Saudi newspapers said scuffles broke out between firemen and members of the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice who tried to keep the girls inside a burning school in Mecca.
Fifteen girls were killed as they stampeded to escape from the blazing building in the Muslim holy city. Saudi media and families of the victims have been angry over the deaths of the girls in the fire that gutted the school.
The resulting public criticism of the religious police, or mutaween, is highly unusual.
The English-language Saudi Gazette, in a front-page report yesterday quoted witnesses as saying that members of the religious police stopped men who tried to help the girls escape from the building, saying: “It is sinful to approach them.”
A civil defence officer told an Arabic-language newspaper, al-Eqtisadiah, that he saw three members of the religious police “beating young girls to prevent them from leaving the school because they were not wearing the abaya”.
He added: “We told them that the situation was very critical and did not allow for such behaviour. But they shouted at us and refused to move away from the gates.”
The father of one of the dead girls alleged that the school watchman refused to open the gate to let the girls out.
“Lives could have been saved had they not been stopped by members of the Commission for Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice,” the Saudi Gazette said.
The much-feared mutaween roam the streets of the conservative kingdom wielding sticks to enforce dress codes and sex segregation and to ensure that Islamic prayers are performed on time.
Those who refuse to obey the orders of the religious police are usually beaten and sometimes jailed.
From the Berean Call, 10/22/2004:
The familiar term jihad, often translated holy war, literally means struggle. Many Muslims emphasize that jihad is about struggling against evil desires and, if necessary, defending one’s homeland and religious heritage.
“Fight for the sake of God those that fight against you, but do not attack them first. God does not love the aggressors. Slay them wherever you find them. Drive them out of the places from which they drove you. Idolatry is more grievous than bloodshed…. Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God’s religion reigns supreme.” (Qur’an 2:190-192) [Note: Qur’anic quotes from N.J.Dawood¹s English translation (The Koran, Penguin Books, UK, 1993)].
A favorite verse of moderate Muslims is 2:256 which says: “Let there be no compulsion in religion. True guidance is now distinct from error.”
Militant Muslims, however, will point you to numerous Qur’anic texts where Muhammad (as Allah’s spokesman) commands his followers to fight and subdue all who resist Islam.
* “As for those who are slain in the cause of God, He will not allow their works to perish. … He will admit them to the Paradise He has made known to them.” (47:4-6)
* “Let those who would exchange the life of this world for the hereafter, fight for the cause of God; whether he dies or triumphs, We shall richly reward him. … The true believers fight for the cause of God, but the infidels fight for the devil. Fight then against the friends of Satan …”
* “The believers who stay at home apart from those that suffer a grave impediment are not the equals of those who fight for the cause of God with their goods and their persons. God has given those that fight with their goods and their persons a higher rank than those who stay at home …”
* “Slay the idolaters wherever you find them. … lie in ambush everywhere for them. If they repent and take to prayer and render the alms levy, allow them to go their way …” (9:5)
* “Those that make war against God and His apostle and spread disorder in the land shall be put to death or crucified or have their hands and feet cut off on alternate sides, or be banished from the land. They shall be held up to shame in this world and sternly punished in the hereafter: except those that repent before you reduce them …” (5:34,35)
* “Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God’s religion shall reign supreme” (8:39)
* “Prophet, rouse the faithful to arms. If there are twenty steadfast men among you, they shall vanquish two hundred; and if there are a hundred, they shall rout a thousand unbelievers, for they are devoid of understanding.”
* “Fight against such of those to whom the Scriptures were given … and do not embrace the true Faith, until they pay tribute out of hand and are utterly subdued.” (9:29)
Children Groomed in Hatred – Ed O’Loughlin
A Friday afternoon in Gaza City and 24 masked recruits of the Popular Resistance Committees (PRC), a Palestinian militant group, is staging a passing out parade for its newest recruits. Out on the soccer field a masked fighter crawls to the halfway line, pushing a homemade bomb. When the masks come off, several of these would-be “fighters” are seen as barely 12 years old. “I want to be a fighter against the Jews,” said Ahmed, 12. “The Israelis have no right to be on our territory. This territory is our own – all of Palestine, not just Gaza and the West Bank.” Like all the young trainees, Ahmed wears a black T-shirt bearing the name of the PRC. It also shows a Kalashnikov rifle over a silhouette of Jerusalem’s Al Aqsa mosque and the slogan, “Kill them where you find them.”
Nothing, apart from the suicide bombing of innocent civilians, has done more to tarnish the Palestinian cause in the eyes of the world than the use of teenagers as fighters/terrorists. Many Palestinians also complain of the crude bias and propaganda of the Arafat-controlled Palestinian Authority TV channels. Few still watch them. Instead, the most popular sources for news are now Arab satellite channels like Al Jazeera and Al Arabiya, Western sources like the BBC, and even Israeli Army Radio. (Sydney Morning Herald-Australia)
Why Al-Qaeda Will Dominate the European Union – Pavel Kohout
In a few decades, radical Islam will ultimately dominate the EU, and perhaps most of the world. It has already become a dominant force in the UN. Al-Qaeda leaders have an intellectual advantage over Western European politicians, who want to believe that there is no clash of civilizations; that terrorism is just a product of misery and lack of education; that the solution lies in a multicultural, tolerant society; and that the stubbornness of the Americans and Israelis is to blame for all the problems.
This particular clash of two civilizations – the West and radical Islam – cannot be resolved the “European” way: through negotiations, efforts to reach consensus, and tolerance. The only consensus acceptable for radical Islam is its dominance in Europe. The writer is an associate of the Center for Economics and Politics in Prague. (TechCentralStation)
Iran Ran Away with the Bomb – Arnold Beichman
The talks and meetings will go on and on and Iran will go on working on its nuclear arms program until it has the Bomb. There will be no deal with Iran no matter how costly nuclear bomb manufacture might be. Iran earns an estimated $900 million for every $1 per barrel increase in the price of its oil. With oil up in the $50+ per barrel range, Iran is awash in cash and can do what it wants as bomb maker and bomb supplier.
Iran is today the dominant land power in the Middle East militarily and economically, and seems unstoppable. It has lots of scientific talent at home and abroad for hire, lots of theological-imperial ambitions, lots of money, lots of eager sellers and moneylenders in the EU and in Russia. And that’s how wars begin. The writer is a Hoover Institution research fellow. (Washington Times)